Home Our Services Status Extension/Restoration
Status Extension/Restoration

A person with a valid status, either visitors, student or working may apply to extend his stay in Canada. Persons must complete an application and submit it to C.I. The application must contain enough information to enable the Immigration officer determine if the applicant is eligible to apply for an extension. The officer must consider the intentions of the person, including what he is doing in Canada, how long has the applicant been here, how long is the request for, and whether or not it is the person’s objective of a temporary nature as required by the definition of a temporary entry. Officers must consider the reasons given by the person for applying for the extension. They must also take note of the plans made by the person and ensure they are not frivolous. Officers must also determine if the person applying for the extension is able to support himself or if someone else is willing to provide the required support. Consideration must also be given to the person’s ability to leave Canada and to the arrangements he has made to return to his home country or to proceed towards another country.

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student,you must apply before the expiry date on your study permit. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.If you apply for a renewal of your study permit, and the permit expires before you receive an answer, you can continue to study in Canada under the same conditions until you receive a decision.You should apply to renew your study permit if you intend to travel outside Canada and your permit will expire while you are traveling. If your student permit has expired and you have not applied for extension, you may not continue your studies in Canada.

In some cases, you may apply to restore your status as a student. You may only apply if you have continued to meet the requirements under which you were allowed to enter and stay in Canada and you have met all the conditions imposed on your permit.After you apply to restore your status, you may stay in Canada until a decision is made on your application but you are not allowed to study until your status has been restored.There is no guarantee that your application to restore your status will be accepted. On your application, you must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances that caused you to lose your status.

Given the extreme complexity of these issues it is important that every person who intends to make any application contact our office, before confronting any kind of legal procedure, to obtain the appropriate advice. People must be alert and avoid seeking advise from individuals who are not licensed and insured and do not possess the necessary legal knowledge or appropriate supervision, and may take undue advantage of those who are not familiar with the Canadian legal system.


Schedule a Phone Consultation

You may schedule a telephone consultation in order to finalize your immigration strategy, seek clarification on particular points related to your situation and the Canadian Immigration process, or if you just want to discuss your qualifications and options under the various Canadian Immigration programs. In turn we will provide you with up to date information and tailored advice. A $100.00 Consultation Fee applies to all Consultations. Book Now

Tel: 1+416 562 0092
Fax: 1+416 849 0081
Email: info@globeimmigration.com
Website: www.globeimmigration.com

Language Translator